Header Ads Widget

header ads

DANGEROUSE PET-WASHING SHAMPOO DUDU-KRIN ON THE MARKET IN KENYA

“Your shampoo has caused chemical burns on my hands and on my dogs. I've called your toll free number but it is not going through. My hands are burned and I'm in pain and discomfort as the skin of my hands peel. Please get back to me via my email”, she complained in an email to Kapi Ltd.





A lady (Everlyne) has complained to the authorities in Kenya of  a case in which a pet shampoo known as Dudu-Krin negatively affected her skin and pet dog when she applied the chemical on the animal.The chemical literally “burned” her hands a week later in a bizarre case that ended being treated at Aga Khan University Hospital.

Dudu-Krin is manufactured by Kapi Ltd in Nakuru, Kenya. In South Africa it is marketed by Pfizer under trade name “Pyrepet”. “Your shampoo has caused chemical burns on my hands and on my dogs. I've called your toll free number but it is not going through. My hands are burned and I'm in pain and discomfort as the skin of my hands peel. Please get back to me via my email”, she complained in an email to Kapi Ltd.
 
Everlyne who says she has been using the shampoo for over 10 years, purchased the chemical from Tuskys supermarket along Tom Mboya Street  in the Nairobi. 

A few days later washed her dogs with the said shampoo and noticed the dogs were in severe distress, whimpering, scratching and rubbing themselves on the ground. They were in irritable pain. 

The next morning her hands were having burning sensation and itching. Days later, the skin on her hands started taking on the appearance of burns and scalds. The skin was peeling off. 
She contacted the manufacturers who suggested that she get to hospital to have her hands checked to determine whether it was an acid or alkaline burn. Kapi Ltd immediately accepted liability and agreed to pay for her hospital visit and did actually cater for the consultation and treatment 
The firm’s staff Stephen Karanja sent a payment of Sh3,000 direct to The Aga University Hospital via M-Pesa. 

Having been observed by the Doctor Makotsi, the report concluded that “her hands appear to have sustained superficial burns likely due to an alkaline agent. She is further having a hypersensitivity reaction with itching, redness and oedema of her her forearms for which we have managed”. 
When reached for comment an impatient and shouting Kapi Ltd managing director Ian Shaw hang up on us. 
But when we pointed out to Mr Shaw, via SMS text, that he and Kapi Ltd had already accepted responsibility and liability, he replied thus “We have not accepted liability and we stepped forward to assist Everlyne.

Post a Comment

0 Comments