Header Ads Widget

header ads

BUSIA COUNTY RESIDENTS LIVING IN FEAR OF GUN WIELDING THUGS

"We thought that they have gone after warning us not to make any alarm, when we were still recovering from the traumatic experience, they were back and one took my younger sister and started raping her in the sitting room as one approached me before shoving me to my room where he equally raped me, “said the girl.



Busia County residents are living in fear of gun wielding gangsters who are on the loose especially in Funyula and Butula sub counties.
A middle aged woman was recently robbed of money she had just received as a loan from her chama after being waylaid on her way from Funyula town by armed robbers before parting ways with her ksh.50k.
Just a week later, armed robbers attacked revelers at Muramba shopping Centre, shooting indiscriminately leaving several people injured and unknown amount of property destroyed.
A few days later, they attacked a small village known as Bukhulungu in Nangina ward; three girls were raped before the gang escaped with their loot. According to the eldest girl, she heard some commotion in the house which prompted her to inquire.
"I heard some commotions in the house and at first thought that the other girls in the other room were going for a short call, i woke up from my room and lit a spotlight, the image i first saw was of a man armed with a machete standing in the corridor who told me to go back to bed, i obeyed his instructions, “she narrated the story to the The Weekly Vision.
The thugs then started ransacking the whole house, in the process stealing, a home theater, speakers, Tv and a gas cooker. The thugs after removing out their loot came back and started raping the girls before escaping with the items.
"We thought that they have gone after warning us not to make any alarm, when we were still recovering from the traumatic experience, they were back and one took my younger sister and started raping her in the sitting room as one approached me before shoving me to my room where he equally raped me, “said the girl.
Senior politicians from the Sub County like Hon.Orida Magaba condemned the incident as he promised to ruthlessly deal with any criminal gangs in the area, he believes that they are former convicts who have been released from prison. He plans to launch a manhunt against the thugs.

Post a Comment

0 Comments